Thursday, December 30, 2010

The True Grit

"The only thing that makes a sandwich better than adding avocado is bacon"
-K. Thomas McCool

While this is obviously not universally applicable to all beings, especially us vegans, though I'm sure Mr. McCool would argue different, I took his creed to heart, and this morning found myself tinkering around in the kitchen in an attempt to vegan-ize his carnivorous claim. The dish I came up with is what you see below. Consisting of curry potatoes, scrambled tofu (with knock-your-wooden-teeth-out-Mr.-Washington* fresh grated ginger), avocado, & veggie bacon. Of course, topped with fresh chopped I-can-not-tell-a-lie cherry (tree) tomatoes.

The True Grit: Anything + Avocado & (veggie) Bacon

*because if we know anything about US history, it's that George Washington's most memorable accomplishments in life were that he had wooden teeth and chased Moby-Dick; why else would they put him on the dollar bill and the quarter?

No comments:

Post a Comment