Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Rotten Apples

So, in this modern world of commerce, a desperate kid in China sells his kidney to get his hands on a new ipad; it's sad that someone would go that far for a product, sacrificing personal health for the privilege of prestige, especially since he's going to be disappointed when it conks out on him after the Apple Care runs out.  

I've recently had my own dealings with a defunct ipod nano that Apple has washed their hands clean of, maybe to sterilize them, in preparation for my own organ harvest in the near future. 

My letter to Apple feedback:

"Sigh, I'm disappointed in you Apple. 

First off, I'm not a complainer at heart. Dwelling on negativity just breeds more negativity, right? I'm also not really a lucky person either, but I thought I was when I received a brand new ipod nano (5th gen., because I don't like the design of the 6th gen.) for Christmas, accompanied by a Nike+ kit, to assist with my marathon training. For a runner, the nano & Nike+ combo was a fantastic dream, but I guess we all must wake up at some point, since, by February the Nike+ sensor died, after just two short months of use: merely a brief nap. Nike never got back to me on why this happened, they just didn't care. 

Sadly, last week, just short of 6 months of use, my beloved ipod nano died on me. After shutting itself down, and restarting, the click wheel became unresponsive. I took it into the Apple store today with the hopes of a solution, but was told by a genius that this problem was a hardware issue, and she didn't even try to do anything to fix it, because the ipod nano I have is too old to be covered. I was confused that something I've only used for 6 months was considered too old, but that's what I was told. The only solution I was offered was purchasing a replacement unit for $80—salt on an open wound, so they say—I'm not sure why I would pay $80 for something that's probably only going to last another 5 to 6 months. I prefer spending money on things with a little longevity. 

I woke up this morning an avid Apple supporter, but it seems like I'm going to bed a disillusioned dupe. A truly sad day, indeed."

No comments:

Post a Comment