Saturday, October 30, 2010

Rhythm Method: The Ulfuls' "Gattsu Da Ze"

In contrast to what Joe wrote, I'm not so sure that running music is all that subjective. I recall reading a while back that there was a study that showed that people tend to line up their pace with the pace of the music they're listening to, so faster music means faster running. This seems like once of those no-duh things that you didn't need a study to prove, but basically you should get music whose beats per minute (BPM) matches the pace you want to run.

That said, it still probably helps if it's music you actually like as opposed to something that drives you nuts.

So, being in Japan, I thought I'd start with a Japanese song, so here's one of my long-time favorites, Gattsu Da Ze (ガッツだぜ) by the Ulfuls. Not only does it have a decent BPM, but it also has lyrics that are basically telling you kick some butt, all mixed together with a nice dollop of Ulful silliness, which is much more apparent in the video (which I had never actually seen until writing this post).

No comments:

Post a Comment