Sunday, January 9, 2011

Mo' Snow...No Go.

So the weekend was met with yet another snowstorm. The first of what the weather forecasters have been promising are many such white and fluffy flurries to force their way into my training schedule in the coming week. The 16 miles I was supposed to run didn't happen, because this is what the day looked like:


Although the following day was sunnier, and the storm had ceased to taunt me with its ever mounting mounds of maddening slippery slops of snowy flakes, the sidewalks remained far to icy to partake in, what is basically at this point (end of week 11), the mandatory running regimen.

As not to let the day go to a total waste, I spent it doing the opposite of exercising: cooking tons of food, and then consuming it! Though I had a handy helper at my side to assist me in both aspects of what is essentially a double-headed coin of gluttony, I still did my fair share of munching away at all the goodies.

First up: Vegan COOKIES!!!





Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Cookies

THE MAIN DISH: Enchiladas. Garnished with diced tomatoes, guacamole, and vegan sour cream. These things were spicy. 

Kale & Potato Enchiladas (one of only a DoZen!)

From the side

The entire dirty dozen (aka a lotta enchilada!) 

Separate, but equal: Jalapeño Cornbread (from the day before)

Jalapeño Cornbread

So Higdon doesn't really say much about packing in the calories on these wintery days, but I'm sure I'll be spending much of the coming week 12 running off everything I jammed down my throat in an attempt to stave off cabin fever by occupying my life with vegan goodness. What a wicked world of wonderful ways to weigh more while training, but I'm not really complaining. Be well all...


No comments:

Post a Comment