Saturday, November 27, 2010

All work and no run makes me a sore boy

Tokyo, Week 5, Day 2; 3 miles, 8:56/mile.
Tokyo, Week 5, Day 6; 10 miles, 8:52/mile.

I got in a nice run on Tuesday (a day off here), but after that my running got sacrificed at the altar of employment until the long run today.

So, after last week's bike failure, I finally made it to Yoyogi Park today, after figuring out exactly which little street I needed to go down from the Azabu area. That took me through Omotesando and right to the park.

The park's about 3 miles from my apartment, so there and back took up about 6 miles. To cover the rest, I made an ad hoc loop through the park that apparently was something over a mile long, because after 3 loops and some change I had all the distance I needed and headed back. While running, I felt a lot sorer than I have in previous weeks, which I suspect is a function of my lack of running during the week.

Looking on the bright side, I seem to have left 9:00/miles in the past, as I was hoping. Given that today was my longest run and I managed to come in under 9:00/mile, hopefully I'll be able to maintain, if not improve, on that pace.

Of course, it'd be helpful if work was more cooperative with my running schedule...

No comments:

Post a Comment