Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Le Samourai

Back in the game after a successful run! No signs of ITBS today. I took it slow, and at first the thing that was bothering me was not my knee, but my shins. I'm attributing this to the rather stilted form I started out with, while I was avoiding putting too much pressure on my left knee. Eventually I loosened up, and fell into the groove. It wasn't a great run, but it was a successful run. I had been prepared to stop and walk along the way, just so my body could move 3 miles for the day, as not to stray too far away from the plan Higdon would say, but no such need arose. I ran it straight through. I returned home and did an extended stretching session. Iced and heated the knee, just to be safe, and I'm siting here now, feeling pretty OK. So, it seems that my mutant healing factor kicked in and I had a 2 day turn around on recovery. I'm hoping this holds true for the rest of the week. 

As noted previously, this week being a tapper week, will make it easier to cover the allotted distance, but I'll be taking it extra slow just as a precaution. I might also stick with walking for Sunday's cross training.

Hopefully, this will be the only major bump in the road to marathoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment