Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Mixing up the schedule a bit

Tokyo, Week 2, Day 2.

Today I was supposed to go for a run in the morning, but sleeping through my alarm meant no time for a run. I got home from work relatively early tonight, but I ended up falling asleep early too, so in the end I'm shifting the runs back at day, losing the rest day on Friday to balance out the extra one I had on Tuesday.

I'm also flipping around the weekend runs this week. Saturday will be cross training while Sunday will be a 10K race + a barbeque, both organized by the Namban Rengo, "Tokyo's international running club". Given that by the time of that race I'll have been training for a grand total of two weeks, I'm gonna treat the race like a training run rather than a race, but it'll be good to meet some of the other runners in the area.

I also appear to be one of four veg/vegan runners (out of 125 or something like that), so as someone else has already volunteered to make vegan desserts, I'm going to see if I can whip up some barbeque appropriate vegan food.

No comments:

Post a Comment