Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Easy, breezy... speedy?

Tokyo, Week 3, Day 2; 3 miles, 8:44/mile.

Today was an easy day, so I just went out at what I felt like running. And for whatever reason, what I felt like running ended up being my fastest pace thus far, outside of the race on Sunday. Might have been the weather; it was a beautiful, sunny day with a temperature around 22ºC (72ºF) when I went running today. I should probably remind you at this point that it's the middle of November.

On the other hand, the wind was a beast today. On the one hill around Arisugawa Park, right by the German Embassy, the wind was blasting right in my face. Buckling down, I just tried to push it despite the push of the headwind and the pull of gravity.

That said, I don't seem to have been pushing that hard. At around 3/4 through, I caught myself singing to a song that was playing on my iPod, and then right after that my iPod said I was running an 8:10/mile pace.

After the workout, I did some strengthening exercises. I didn't have anything heavy to lift, so I tried filling water bottles with water and using them, but they felt ridiculously light. Might need to invest in some light weights.

No comments:

Post a Comment