Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Continuing Comfortability

Another day of treadmill running. I took on an easy 3(.54 walking bookends) miles today, borrowing the use of my Aunt's treadmill because it looked like rain clouds were a coming. My second motive for running in place like a hamster on a wheel was, since this is the official start of week 5, to check my mile times on the clock, just to see how my comfortable pace is stacking up to, what could loosely be defined as, quickness. 


So, without further ado, I present to you, my mile times for today's easy 3:
1st mile: 9:36 min.
2nd mile: 7:47 min.
3rd mile: 7:39 min. 


Mile one, as I think I've mentioned before, is usually a warm up mile for my treadmill runs. I sorta have to get used to being on that thing before I really start gunning it to 88mph. I was surprised that mile 3 wasn't quicker, because it felt like it should have been, not because I was tired or anything, because I was 元気 (in fact, in a fit of nostalgia, I found myself singing along to Op Ivy throughout the run; there's no questioning the conversational pace I was maintaining), but because I just thought my legs were moving faster. We'll see how things go. I don't think it's too far out of an idea to shave my comfortable pace down to under 7's in the near future. Ultimately I'm not really trying to break any marathon records here, I just want the endurance to finish it, so speed isn't necessarily a major goal in my training, though a little bit more of it would be nice.  

2 comments:

  1. How'd you manage to come across a treadmill?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My aunt Nene is kind enough to let me into their basement to use it from time to time. It had been broken until very recently, but now it's got a fresh motor. I dig having all my running information displayed in front of me, and also the complete control and comfort of indoor running, but on longer runs, it gets kinda boring stating at the wall. Still, on those cold rainy days that surely lay ahead I'll be very appreciative of having this option!

    ReplyDelete