Thursday, November 25, 2010

A White Thanksgiving

The first snow fall of the season and it happened on Thanksgiving morning during my 3 mile run. Today was an easy pace, but the cold winds and big coarse flakes, that I was breathing in, made it slightly more challenging than it should have been. I love the feeling of pure solitude when running in the fresh falling snow, listening to the snap crackle pop! of it landing upon itself and accumulating on the sprawl of suburban lawns as I breeze by wrapped in my own world. The snow didn't last long, and later in the day it just turned into bitter cold rain, so it feels like, in a way, I lucked out with just the flurries.

Later in the day I sat down with a tofurkey and a vegan pumpkin pie I had picked up the night before from Whole Foods. Normally, for the holidays I bake my own vegan apple pie, but I just didn't have the time for it this Thanksgiving, but maybe for Christmas I'll treat myself! Gobble Gobble folks!


And of course by the time I got around to taking a photo of the vegan pumpkin pie it was already half gone, so forgiveness please. 

1 comment:

  1. Our vegan pumpkin pies disappeared before I could even get a picture of half of one of them. I blame the kids.

    ReplyDelete